July 10, 2007 - Varanasi, India


Salabhasana
Locust Pose in Rural India







"When the river is deepest, it makes least noise."
~Proverb

I'm going to begin this blog by saying my swim in The Ganges River yesterday has nothing to do with how sick I am.

Last year only one Fulbright participant became sick enough to have a doctor called in. As of today, we have four soldiers down (including myself), who have seen a doctor. It was the least expensive visit ever - $22 US.

While the other participants are visiting schools today, I am confined to my bed. I know it's not malaria because I have not hallucinated enough, I know it's not the river because it came on too quickly, but maybe the eggs I had for breakfast yesterday?

Time to sleep. We are taking an overnight train to Kolkata at midnight.

Popular Posts