November 23, 2010 - Beijing, China


"You got the love I need
maybe more than enough,
Oh darling... walk a while with me
Oooh, you've got so much..."
~Led Zeppelin, Over the Hills & Far Away, Verse I
For some reason every return home from China seems to be a difficult process.  This past summer required 48 hours of continuous travel on various modes of transportation, this time snow is the challenge.  A week before leaving, my head system broke.  Assuming this would not be a problem while gone, I chose to not get it fixed.  Problem - it has been below freezing for the last two days.  Upon arriving in Portland, around 10pm, I'll drive through the snow and ice to get home.  The repair man is coming at 7am tomorrow morning.  

But first, I must stay present.  I'm still in China.  Living a day in the future.  It's yesterday in Oregon.

Deciding to just wander the area near our hotel before driving to the airport, hiding close-by, among the winding streets, a fruit market.  China overflowed with fresh fruit during the summer and cold weather hasn't deterred the sale of juicy sunshine.  Grapefruit is one of my favorites.  On the flight to China, I ate two pink grapefruits and now a yellow grapefruit for the flight home.

Popular Posts